*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Quick Lime Cilantro Chicken. This recipe is wonderful, much more faster alternative for a marinated chicken, with the same taste. You only need to sprinkle on top of the cooked chicken breast the juice made from lime juice and zest, minced garlic and cilantro. So easy and so tasty!
Boneless Chicken, 3 breasts
Limes, 3 or 4
Garlic, 4 to 6 cloves
Cayenne or Chili Powder
Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- Mince the garlic, snip the cilantro and zest a lime. Juice the lime carcass along with two more limes. Cut a lime into wedges and slice and avocado for the table.
- Cut the chicken into chunks. You can skip this and cook them whole but chunks cook faster.
- Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan, just enough to not quite cover the bottom. Heat it over medium high heat until it’s very hot, almost smoking. Add the chicken and let it cook undisturbed.
- Once the chicken is browned nicely on the bottom and will easily let go of the pan, sprinkle it generously with cumin and chili powder or pepper. Let it cook another minute or two, until the white line has moved about halfway through the pieces.
- Turn the chicken and let it cook another couple of minutes, long enough to brown. Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle in the garlic and lime zest. Stir it little and let it cook another couple of minutes but be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add the lime juice and stir up all the browned goodness from the pan.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl or platter and sprinkle it with cilantro.