*** Recipes Tutorials ***
These granola bars are so much better than what you can by at the store, especially since you can substitute for your favorite dried fruit or nuts.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, flax and sesame
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit, such as raisins, cherries, apricots, blueberries, pears, figs and cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment paper or foil, letting a few inches hang over side of pan. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread oats and seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven just until golden and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes, shaking pan once.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup and salt over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until smooth and starting to bubble. Transfer the toasted oats and seeds to a mixing bowl. add the dried fruit and cinnamon and pour the hot sugar mixture overtop. Stir well with a heat-proof spatula, then spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Using the overhanging foil or paper, lift out of pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares or bars. Makes about 2 dozen bars.