*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites , could take one batch cover in melted peanut butter other batch in carmel the. Freeze those and then cover in chocolate....healthier sugar fix for me :)
- 3 medium-ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 10 oz baking chocolate
- Arrange half of the banana slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread with peanut butter.
- Top with the other half of banana slices and freeze for about one hour.
- In the meantime, cut chocolate in pieces and put 2/3 of it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds, stir, then repeat in 15 seconds interval until the chocolate has melted. (If you prefer to melt chocolate on the stove top, place a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan filled with simmering water. On low heat, stir chocolate until melted (allow a few minutes). Ensure the chocolate avoids contact with water and steam whilst melting). Add 1/3 remaining chocolate and keep stirring until it is fully melted. It’s called tempering chocolate. It will allow the chocolate to have a glossy texture and to set correctly.
- Remove bites from the freezer and dip them into melted chocolate. You have to work quickly before the bites start to thaw and get mushy. If you want to take you time, you can work with one bite at a time and leave the others in the freezer. Using two forks, dip one bite in melted chocolate and roll it to cover all sides. Using one fork, remove bite from chocolate. With the other fork, remove excess chocolate and arrange the bite back on baking sheet.
- Freeze at least 3 hours or until ready to serve. Keep them in the freezer.