*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Easter tradition with many families includes dyeing the shell of hard boiled eggs. Why not take it a step further by dyeing the eggs out of their shells? These fun and easy deviled eggs, might just become another family Easter tradition.
- 10 hard boiled eggs
- food coloring (neon seems to work the best)
- 1 tsp vinegar for each color you are using
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip or half of each (I use Miracle Whip)
- Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and slice each egg in half.
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and place in a bowl. Set the yolks aside.
- Get enough glasses or mugs for the number of colors you want to use. Fill the mugs or glasses ⅔ of the way full with cold water.
- Add 3 drops of desired food coloring along with 1 tsp vinegar to each mug or cup.
- Place egg whites in the mugs and allow to sit in the food coloring until desired color is reached. I could fit 3 egg whites in each of my mugs at a time.
- Remove whites from dye and drain on a plate lined with a couple of paper towels.
- Take the reserved yolks and mash them with a fork. Then mix in the ½ cup mayonnaise with the mashed yolk.
- Pipe or spoon the yolk mix into the colored egg whites. Makes 20 deviled egg halves.
- Some colors take longer than others to achieve the level of darkness that you want.