*** Recipes Tutorials ***
This is a terrific twist on your standard casserole dish. It doubles easily to feed larger groups by adding an additional “layer”. Enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs chicken - cooked and chopped or shredded
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 can corn
- 1/2 can black beans - rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 Lo-Carb Tortillas
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a baking dish - top with two tortillas - and then another thin layer of enchilada sauce. Use a spoon to make sure all of each tortilla is coated with sauce
- Evenly distribute your cooked chicken on top of the tortillas.
- Mix together beans, corn, and onion. (Since this recipe takes a half can of beans and corn I usually double this mixture and use the entire can of each with 1 cup onion and freeze half to use in future "Mexican" dishes!)
- Spread the bean mixture over the chicken layer
- Layer 3/4 cup of cheese on top of chicken and beans
- Top with two more tortillas, and another layer of enchilada sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degreesF for 30 minutes.